In

fiction microblog #2


Hello!
So I'm well into the book by now- about 1/4 of the way through, I guess, and this is a great time to reflect on how ruined my reading abilities are.
I swear I used to be better at this whole reading thing. But I have to admit that I haven't touched or read a book (that wasn't mandatory) in a few months. I've been trying to get through another book on my own time, but it took me a while to just get halfway through, because of time commitments and me not feeling any urgency to read a book. I know, I'm sorry!
And now I have the opportunity to read, and it helps that I'm on a deadline, so I can actually finish it this time... woo-hoo!
Jumping right into reading wasn't super easy- I've heard these problems expressed by my peers before, so I'm sure at least someone here can relate. There I was, reading my book, getting easily distracted by everything. That wasn't very fun. As mentioned before, I did get fairly into the book, and I'm sure that I'll be more than halfway through by the 24th, but it was a struggle.
I found myself reading entire pages but not actually remembering or comprehending anything that I read, which sucked, and then I had to just reread everything. That was a hassle. Something about reading felt boring at first. I'm sorry!
I am a big fool who decided to put on music while I read, because I was so used to listening to music while I do things, but that was just a terrible idea. I can't believe how disconnected I am from something as simple as reading.
But as I read more I got into the hang of it. It truly felt nice to be able to read for "fun" again, even if this was still reading for school. I got fully invested into the plot and the characters and formed my own opinions about what was happening in the story... it was nice! I must admit. It's been rainy lately, which led to many happy after-school times where I sat in my room with the blinds on my windows open to let in some light. I should invest in an armchair.
Reading a book is so rewarding. I forgot about it. It's such a wholesome way to spend time. I've achieved true nirvana.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment